Technicians will provide maintenance, troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair residential and small commercial HVAC systems. They will meet with customers, evaluate needs and make recommendations. Technician documents work performed and submits timely and accurately. Technicians will also have the ability to install and/or replace heating and cooling systems in residential homes and small commercial buildings.
· Demonstrate a thorough understanding of HVAC systems part/components and their applications.
· Read and understand equipment wiring diagrams and be able to troubleshoot and repair
· Proficiency in the diagnosis of HVAC controls and equipment problems and to recommend the repair or replacement of said equipment as to be in the best interest of the customer.
· The recovery and charging of refrigerants used in A/C equipment and to follow all EPA mandates for refrigerant recovery.
· To document and communicate, on a daily basis, electronic service tickets (everything is done via phone and/or tablet)
· Professional communication with customers regarding the nature of the repair, replacement or installation.
· Ability to work overtime hours when necessary and be on an “On-Call” and holiday rotation and take emergency after hour service requests
· Requires a high school diploma/GED, CFC certification or HVAC related journeymen license or equivalent experience
· Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative in servicing customers and maintaining positive customer relations and great communication skills
· Must be able to pass a Drug Screen and Criminal Background Check
· Must have a valid Driver’s license and clean driving record
· EPA Universal license
· Ability to climb ladders, work at high elevations & lift up to 75 lbs.